Uniconnect Networks is looking for people who want to join our team
Structured Cabling Technician
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
- Secondary School
- Security Systems Technician (Preferred)
Positions Available: 2
Relevant Experience: 3 Years
Job Location(s): Surrey, British Columbia
- Building and patching network panels and installing data, Audio & Video, and voice wiring and connections.
- Experience in working with copper (UTP, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a) and fiber optic media types, (MMF, SMF, 50 micron, 62.5 micron), industry standards and applications, and use cases (e.g., Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SONET, TDM).
- Hands-on experience with running of wires through dry walls.
- Testing and inspecting end to end wiring.
- Repairing faults in cabling and patch panels.
- Create networking cables such as RJ-11, RJ-45, RG-59 and fiber optic SC connectors using splicing tools and networking standards
- Termination and routing of various cabling, including COAX/1694A, Cat5, Cat6, and Fiber.
- Troubleshoot and maintain fiber optic networks and copper cable network
- Ability to maintain detailed site documentation of customer cross-connects
- Hands-on experience with the installation of surveillance security cameras.
- Knowledge of installation of DSC alarm system is an asset.
- Helping Lead technician on the cabling during equipment installation.
- Performing maintenance on existing cabling systems.
- Installing of cable support structures such as j-hooks, cable racks, and inner duct.
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to standards.
- Provide structured cabling training to interns and fresher.
- You should be eligible to work in Canada.
- You should have a valid driver’s license.